Bonsai Bash Job Descriptions
If you’d be interested in joining the Bonsai Bash event volunteers, contact us at:
- Place me where needed 2:45 PM – 10:00 PM
- Bonsai Guides (2) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Provide guests with information about Bonsai and the James J. Smith Collection. Must have knowledge of Bonsai.
- Clean-up (6) 8 PM – 11 PM End of the event. Helps to clean up and organize items for later pick up. This may entail staying later than 10 pm.
- Gate Security (2) 2:45 PM – 10:00 PM Assures that the back entrance to Heathcote is used only by those assisting with the event.
- Dining Assistant (8) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Assist guests in dining area. Fill water glasses, bus tables, etc. When event is over, assist with tearing down dining area.
- Live Auction Monitor (7) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM
Provide security for live auction items; assist auctioneer during auction by displaying items during the bidding process. Assist guests with picking up their items.
- Office (3) 2:45 PM – 10:00 PM Set up and restock volunteer meals, clean up at 8 PM to make room for unclaimed auction items, answer phones, other light duties
- Parking (2) 2:45 PM – 10:00 PM Assists Guests and volunteers in parking lot.
- Parking (2) 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM Assists Guests and volunteers in parking lot.
- Raffle Ticket Sales (2) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Sell raffle tickets until live auction begins.
- Recorder (2) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Documents results of silent and live auction winners. Must have good handwriting skills.
- Registration / Bank Check-out (8) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM
Sign in guests who have registered and paid for tickets in advance. Sell tickets and register new guests. Give out programs and auction paddles. File completed forms for live and silent auction results in winner’s folder, calculates total amounts owed by each bidder, collects payments
- Runner (6) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Assist auctioneer during auction by obtaining winner’s signature and Live Auction Bid Sheet. Assist guests with picking up their items
- Silent Auction Monitor (8) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM
Provide security for silent auction items: assist guests with recording bids on Silent Auction Bid Sheet. Assists guest with picking up their items.
- Spotter (4) 3:45 PM – 10:00 PM Assist auctioneer to identify bids and paddle numbers at the live
auction. Assist guests with picking up their items.
- Volunteer Sign-In (2) 2:45 PM – 10:00 PM Sign in and give general instructions to volunteers. Assure coverage
in all areas.
NOTE: Event Coordinator reserves the right to assign people where needed at any time. All Volunteers for the event will be requested to wear white shirts and black pants for the evening. Please wear comfortable shoes as you may be doing a lot of standing or walking