Welcome to Heathcote Botanical Gardens
A plant nursery on Heathcote Street in Scarsdale, New York, was the earliest seed of what has grown and blossomed into Heathcote Botanical Gardens.
Like many New Yorkers, the business was transplanted to Florida. In 1960 owners Jim and Mollie Crimmins moved the business from its original Florida location on west Orange Avenue to its current Fort Pierce site on Savannah Road.
Then in 1972 the Crimmins moved their family home from Delaware Avenue to the nursery site. Now known as Heathcote House, the Crimmins’ home was built around 1922.
Today the Frame Vernacular Style structure sits graciously amid old live oaks. Its second-floor balcony, Dade County pine floors, and quaint fireplace all add to its charm. It presently houses administrative offices. In 2001 the City Commission passed a resolution to designate it as a Historically Significant Site based on its architectural characteristics and ties to the life of the community.
Our News and Events
Garden of Lights Volunteer Opportunities
Garden of Lights Volunteer Opportunities! Sign up to volunteer at [...]
Heathcote Botanical Garden rents its outdoor space for weddings, meetings, parties and other social gatherings/events. Visit the Garden and meet with our staff before making a reservation!
- The Garden can accommodate a maximum of 200 people per event.
- When events are scheduled during regular operating hours, the grounds will remain open to the public.
- Events scheduled outside normal operating hours incur an after-hours fee of $75. Our operating hours are noted on the home page of our website.
- Since Heathcote cannot provide chairs, tables, and tents, we will gladly supply names of rental companies familiar with our Garden. Please plan on using only unbreakable drinking containers.
- Heathcote will provide electrical outlets, trash containers and recycling bins. A dumpster also will be provided for events 6 hours in length, with more than 50 guests.
- To greet a newlywed couple or guest of honor, blowing bubbles or releasing butterflies are encouraged. Confetti, birdseed and rice are not allowed as they create a garden nuisance.
- Heathcote is a SMOKE FREE environment. Smoking is only permitted at designated areas outside the Main Gate or north of the Rest Rooms.
Heathcote Botanical Reviews & Testimonials